We decided a about a month ago to start potty training John. It was really tough, and he became afraid of the potty, so we thought we'd wait awhile longer.
About a week ago, after figuring out that his little potty also acted as a seat for the big potty, I thought I'd give it another go. For a few days I've been having him sit on the toilet a few times a day, mostly in the morning and before bed, and it has been great. He loves to "hear tinkle" and use toilet paper, lots and lots of toilet paper!
This morning was pretty relaxed, so we put on big boy pants and used the toilet. Not one accident! And, he knew he had to go (twice) and held it until we ran to the potty! I am really excited, and I think it's fun for John. I may need to invest in some cheap paper, though. My favorite is when he waves to the paper as it flushes away and says "bye-bye poop!" It's especially cute, because he has yet to do number two on toilet.
It's a big step for us, and it's going well!
No comments:
Post a Comment