This past week was James' Spring Break. We didn't do much, but we had a great time.
Friday the 13th we went to see Sean and Katie in Orlando. We had a wonderful time, but John was quite stressed about staying the hotel overnight. We made it through, and all in all, it was a fantastic start to the week.
Saturday we went to Downtown Disney with the Flynn's (and the future Flynn), then we headed home. That evening was Arlene's 21st birthday party out at Bayport. There was a ton of people, a ton of food, and a ton of fun! I hope she had as good of a time as we all did. I know John loved it, there were several other people of his stature there, though he didn't really play with them. Mostly he just wanted to go for the cake. He said so as we were getting in the car. Johnny go cake! Johnny go cake!
Sunday the 15th was quite the experience for me. James and I went to Gator Nationals. I wasn't very impressed when we first got there. We walked though the pits, looked at a few of the cars and the bikes, but I just didn't get it. After seeing Aunt Debbie and the crew, we headed to our seats to watch the races begin. I was soon much impressed. It was so awesome! I can see why people love drag racing. Karen didn't make it to the finals, but we got to see her run twice. It didn't matter to me much though, I was pooped after the second round of runs, and was ready to go home. We grabbed a burger and fries, hung out, and headed back home. Besides the jerk behind us in the stands, it was an amazing day. And I didn't even get sunburned!
The rest of the week we mostly just stayed around the house.
Tuesday did have a little drama to it. I went to a LSN meeting and left John home with James. As far as I knew, all was well until about a half an hour before I got home. Apparently, James and John were napping, or trying to when everything went awry. John had a BM and took his diaper off in bed. He made a huge mess and was trying to clean it up when he woke up James. All I know is, I'm really glad Eva came home. John got a bath, the bedding got washed, and the Spot bot got a work out. Moral of the story, make sure the little kids are really asleep before the big kids.
We ordered bikes, and we should have them for this weekend. I am really excited to have a good bike that will last for years to come. And James and I are finishing the last season of The Wire. I really love this show. I highly recommend it! It has been a great start to the spring, and we haven't even been to the family reunion yet. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment