I took the boys to MOSI on Wednesday, but before we went in, I nursed Preston in the van. Good choice too, because it was nutty inside! While we were sitting in the van, I noticed John paying careful attention to all the buttons around the driver's seat. Next thing I know he says "Mommy, can I open the vent?" I was surprised, and asked him "Well, which button opens the vent?" John replied eagerly, "This one!" Me, "How do you know that?" John, "Because it says vent. V-E-N-T. Vent!" I was so impressed, but he didn't stop there! He continued on to ask if he could lock the doors, and proceeded to read the lock button. He tried some others, but most of them aren't words, just abbreviations. I know this may not seem like a big deal, but it really is. He's working so hard on his reading lessons, and this proves to me how well he's learning. Thank you, Janet for the recommendation on the reading book!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment